Thursday, March 24, 2016

Great stuff this Nosework thing…

Well, we’re really coming along quite well with this nosework thing.  It certainly gives Jake something to look forward to each day and keeps me energized because EVERYTHING I do with Jake is energizing!   I log the 3-4 training sessions/day with 5-9 hides/session.  This works out to be about 100 hides/week!  It’s amazing how quickly this can be done if you do it daily but, for sure, if I wasn’t writing it down, it wouldn’t get done!  We’re now on all FIVE odors (Birch, Anise, Clove, Myrrh and Vetiver) that are part of UKC Nosework trials!  He was able to switch to the other odors with barely an introduction to them. 

Since I can do steps now I put the training room in the basement back together.  Brita in the first photo is clearly waiting for something to happen whereas Jake in the second on is trying to make it happen with his squeaky Kong!  His toys are strewn about the boxes where there could be odor and he completely ignores them.  Kibble on the floor…  well that’s another thing! 

Training Room 1Training Room 2Training Room 3