Posted on the Great Lakes Barn Hunt Facebook Group!
Laurel Stone added photos to Barn Hunt, Hortonville WI September 28-29, 2013.
- Brenda Coffield He's come a long way since then!
- Laurel Stone Brenda Coffield it's actually pretty amazing to me also. His 3 senior legs consistently got better.. from 2:15 to 1:59 to 1:29. The last run was the first time we didn't have to have a discussion about who gets to keep the tube with the rat. Now if he would just walk nicely to the start line! lol
- Brenda Coffield Laurel Stone, I think he understands the game now and likes it!
- Nancy Yeoman LOVE all the rosettes - so happy for you!!!
- Sandra Hoesel Pretty darned good for "just a service dog
- Brenda Coffield Jake rocked the barn!
(See video on previous post)
Jake's Senior run yesterday at the Cascade trial! Go Jake, RATS
2013.10.27 Jake's Barn Hunt Senior Run 1 min 29 sec
Barn Hunt weekend October 10, 2013 - Cascade Wisconsin - 4 trials Trial 1 - earned OPEN TITLE - 2nd place, 1 min. 10 sec. run Trial 2 - earned leg 1 SENIOR -...
- Lisa Quast, Rosann J Joubert Muller, Brenda Coffield and 11 others like this.
- Nancy Yeoman HUGE Congratulations - so happy for you and Jake!!!
- Camp Pit-Weiler He was AWESOME to watch!
- Laurel Stone Thanks! he's amazing.. the only thing holding him back is his handler!! lol
- Nancy Yeoman NO WAY - you are an awesome pair!!!
- Kitty Check Good job Laurel and Jake! You guys rock!
- Brenda Coffield What a great team! Jake is an awesome hunter!
- Kari Olson That was great!
Posted on the Michigan Barn Hunt Facebook Group!
(See video on previous post)
- Sonja Davis Yeah I doubt I could get Tsuni to focus on another search, she would want the first one
- Chris Willis That's going to be the problem with Rockett - once she has a find she goes so over the top ... gotta figure out a way to train me to get the tube out quickly and get her to keep looking for the next one!
- Susan Olsen It was fun to watch Jake, but it was actually 4 rats in that short of time!!! Congratulations Jake!
- Ellen Hizer thanks Susan, I wasn't there. I thought I only saw 3 on the video. Yes Sonja Davis that is where I am at with my kids, get the rat tube out quickly and get them on to the next rat.
- Susan Olsen Jake is so quick
- R.d. Mousseau nice they remove the rats as they find them. Wasn't aware you could 'direct' the dog. Can't wait to get the dachshunds on this. They're going to be CRAZY!!!
- Ellen Hizer you can keep them moving to areas that they might not have searched yet but you have to be careful that you are not actually pulling them off of a rat! And you are not allowed to point with a finger or come within a foot of the tubes (and you do not know where they are so....) You are better off not interfering with the dog unless they get stuck on a smell (like a pee spot) and you KNOW there is no rat there. Then you can try to keep them moving. There is a lot more to 'handling' this then you would think.
- Jean Richardson @Ellen it is quite interesting just verbal support. And I like that letting my dog use his own mind to do what he was bred to do. Now when I said get the rat today he became very alert